Tips for Success
If you would like further information regarding your kit or if you are unsure about something please ask us at firstname.lastname@example.org we are here to HELP.
- Storage & Transportation: When batteries are not in a device they should always be stored in a Battery case to prevent other materials from touching them, which may cause a short.
- Keeping the batteries at room temperature and not exposing them to extreme hot or cold temperatures.
- Always store batteries away from pets and children.
- Charging: When charging your batteries we always recommend an external battery charger, it is perfectly safe to charge your batteries in the device but for longevity and better performance of your batteries an external battery charger is the way to go!
- Disposing: We highly recommend taking your batteries to your nearest Battery Recycling Centre. If Lithium-ion batteries are placed in normal rubbish disposal they have a risk of going into landfill which may contaminate the land or groundwater. To find your nearest Battery Recycling Centre please visit the CYB website.
Recommended battery usage:
- Charge batteries for 4-5 hours initially. Do not leave on charge over night or for extended periods. This will compromise the battery life.
- Detach the tank from battery / mod when not in use. An atomiser can leak liquid. Liquid in the battery can cause it to malfunction and void warranty.
- For dual battery devices, batteries should be paired, for example: same brand, same specifications, bought and used at the same time to avoid battery unbalancing.
- For optimal battery life when not using them for more than 2 months at a time, keep batteries charged at half capacity charge or 3.7V.
Cleaning: TanksIf using daily, drain every so often to maximise vapour production, flavour & lifespan. Remove the atomiser / coil from the tank and clean out with a cotton bud or rolled up tissue. Most tanks can be rinsed with warm water and thoroughly dried before re using. Be sure to remove your tank from the device (Mod) and remove your atomiser / coil before doing so. This would be a good time to change your atomiser / coil for a new one. Be sure to check the life span of your atomiser / coil. Cotton atomisers last approximately 2-3 weeks depending on use and ceramic atomisers / coils last approximately 2-4 months depending on use. After draining the tank and cleaning, add 1-2 drops of E-Liquid directly into the new atomiser / coil and fill the tank to the recommended fill line when you are ready to use it again.
Nicotine Where and How?
In NSW where we are based, it is currently illegal for Retailers to sell it online or in store, but you may purchase nicotine from overseas. We recommend www.mixologyvape.co.nz
For mixing nicotine please visit http://www.steam-engine.org/juice.html
Regulating and decreasing your Nicotine Intake
Vaping is one of the easiest ways to regulate your nicotine intake. It gives you a much greater control if you wish to decrease the amount you vape. Vape Industries stocks 0mg e-liquid being an Australian store, nicotine e-liquid is illegal for all Australian retailers to sell both online and instore however, www.mixologyvape.co.nz provides various strengths ranging from 0mg through to 18mg for premixed / flavoured e-liquid and 25mg to 100mg for concentrated nicotine liquid to add to 0mg e-liquid flavoured bottles, therefore it is plausible to reduce your mg amount and your vaping frequency.
Please contact email@example.com if you require more help with this topic.
When starting out in vaping there will be many new words you will come across, that’s why we have collected a list of the most common Vape ‘Lingo’ words. Having a browse through the definitions will definitely help you more understand your device and make your vaping experience more smooth.
- 510: Is one of the more common type of threads located at the bottom of the tank, the thread is what secures the tank to the device.
- 18650: One of the most popular types of battery, ‘18650’ is the measurement of the battery.
- Airflow: Allows air to be sucked into the Tank or Atomiser. The more open the airflow is the more vapour, the tighter the airflow is the less vapour you will get but better flavour.
- All Day Vape: A type of e-juice preferred by most people and something they find they will be able to use all day without changing to another flavour.
- Amps: The abbreviated word for Amperage. Amperage is the flow of energy along a circuit. Batteries that have a higher amperage are recommended in Atomisers with lower resistance (Ohms) or higher wattage without overheating.
- Atomiser/Coil: This the part of the E-Cigarette that contains the wire coil and cotton which sucks in the Liquid to then burn it and create vapour.
- Auto Cut-Off: A safety feature in some devices which prevents overheating of the battery, for example if you leave your E-Cigarette in your pocket and it happens to push on the fire button, the device will automatically cut off after the button is held continuously (usually 10 seconds)
- Box Mod: Is the size of the device, a square-shaped design usually containing a built in or a removable battery. There are two types of box mods, Regulated and unregulated. Regulated: Contains a circuit board to regulate the current and usually has a variable voltage and/or variable wattage. Unregulated: Also referred to as Mechanical Mods, can potentially give you and increased voltage and wattage and lower oHm on coils, only recommended for advanced users only, as it has no safety features.
- Drip Tip: A mouth piece accessory that is interchangeable allowing you change the size of the hole where you place your mouth.
- Dry Hit: When you inhale on your E-Cigarette and there is no juice left in your tank or cotton giving you a not so pleasant burnt taste in the throat.
- E-Liquid: Type of liquid designed for E-Cigarettes and the substance that is vaporised to create vapour. The main ingredients in E-Liquid are Propylene Glycol and Vegetable Glycerin.
- Fire Button: Is the button that activates the coil to start burning and creating the vapour. The fire button should only be pushed as you inhale and then released when you stop inhaling.
- Flooding: This is when the atomiser/coil is overfilled which creates a gurgling sound, spitting of liquid in the mouth and reduced vapour.
- LED: (Light Emitting Diode) The flashing light you will see when you turn on and off the device or adjust any of the settings.
- mAh: (Milliampere-hour) This term refers to the battery’s capacity to store energy. The higher the mAh, the longer that battery life will be before needing to be charged again.
- Mod: (Modifications) The device that holds the battery and powers the tank, it also usually includes a LED display, on and off-button, power and voltage button, charging port and motherboard.
- Mouthpiece: Accessory at the top of the tank where users place their mouth to inhale vapour, mouthpieces can be interchangeable.
- Mouth-to-Lung Hit: A very similar inhale to a cigarette, the act of first inhaling in the mouth then inhaling down to the lungs. This method does create less vapour but also provides more flavour.
- Ohm: Is a unit of measurement used for electrical resistance. The lower the ohm reading the hotter and thicker the vapour is and the higher ohm reading is the cooler and less vapour.
- Pen Style: A size of E-Cigarette that is shaped like a pen, these usually come as starter kits.
- PG (Proplyene Glycol): An ingredient in most E-Liquids. This ingredient is also known to be in Ice-creams, Food colouring, Salad dressings and boxed cake mix.
- Priming: Before installing or using a new atomizer/coil, a few drops of E-Liquid are placed down the centre of the coil to let the liquid soak into the cotton so you don’t get a dry hit. This action is only done once when the coil is new and does not need to be done when filling the tank on a regular basis.
- Rebuildable’s: A tank or atomiser where users can build their own coils and wick/cotton. This technique is commonly used by advanced vapers or users looking for something more cheap, better flavour, more vapour or even to turn it into a hobby.
- RDA: (Rebuildable Dripping Atomiser) Usually refers to a type of rebuildable deck which doesn't have a tank and the way of using the RDA is by dripping e-liquid directly onto the cotton and coils, a great way for sampling different flavours on the go.
- Resistance: This is measured in ohms, the resistance depends on the thickness of the wire, circumference, thickness of the wound and the number of individual wraps.
- RBA: An abbreviation for “Rebuildable Atomiser”
- RTA: An abbreviation for “Rebuildable Tank Atomiser”
- Starter Kit: A package that usually includes everything a first time vaper needs to get started. Usually included pieces: Tank, Mod, spare atomisers/coils, charging cable, instruction manual, warranty card.
- Straight-to-Lung: The act of inhaling vapour straight to the lungs.
- Sub-Ohm: Coils/Atomisers that have a ohm reading of below 1.0 or a wattage reading above 20W. Sub-Ohm devices/coils will create a large amount of smoke and is the act of inhaling Straight-to-Lung.
- Tank: Is the container that holds the coil/atomiser and the e-liquid.
- Throat Hit: The sensation you will get after the vapour hits the throat. Some users prefer a harsh throat hit similar to a cigarette and some prefer a softer hit. The sensation can depend on the flavour of E-Liquid and if the liquid has nicotine, the higher nicotine level strength the stronger of a hit you will get.
- Vapour: Also referred to as “clouds” this is the substance diffused in the air when exhaling.
- VG (Vegetable Glycerin): An ingredient in most E-Liquids, this is the thicker ingredient when compared to PG, VG will create larger vapour, and has a sweet taste. Vegetable Glycerin in commonly found in Dairy and Protein foods, Grains, baked goods, sauces, condiments and alcoholic beverages.
- VV (Variable Voltage): A device that allows users to adjust the Voltage output.
- VW (Variable Wattage): A device that allows users to adjust the Wattage output. Higher wattage will create more vapour and lower wattage will create minimal vapour.
- Wire: Is one of the materials used in the Atomiser/Coil.
Need a step by step setting up tutorial? We are here to help! Check out our youtube channel @Vapeindustries for instructional tutorials 24/7.